ESOS (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) presents a new and significant opportunity for large UK businesses. In fact, UK Government predicts that ESOS could help deliver savings of nearly £2bn.
What is ESOS?
ESOS is new piece of EU legislation which requires member states to introduce a mandatory programme of energy audits for ‘large enterprises’. This means over 7000 of Britain’s biggest companies will be required to comply – with the initial audits to be undertaken by 5th December 2015.
As a minimum, large organisations (those with more than 250 employees or a turnover in excess of €50M) will be required to review total energy use from their business operations, including building energy use, transport energy use
and industrial processes. You are required to calculate the amount of energy used per employee, and identify potential measures that could save energy.
ESOS may be viewed as yet another level of time-intensive and costly enviro-compliance on top of the existing Carbon Reduction Commitment, Mandatory Carbon Reporting and Climate Change Levy.
However, our team of specialist, accredited ESOS assessors and energy consultants believe that if you act now, your business will be able to maximise payback and benefits of this mandatory compliance scheme.
Act now to achieve competitive advantage
1. ESOS is here: We’re already in Phase1.
2. It’s mandatory: If ESOS applies to you, you’ve got to comply.
3. Investment is minimal: Typical audits cost just a fraction of energy spend.
4. Act quickly: Start the process NOW and see in-year benefit.
5. Maximum ROI: Implement the improvements we recommend and recover the initial outlay – plus more
Read our ESOS: Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
How Can We Help You with ESOS?
LYNXprojects can help you achieve welcome savings from the burden of increasing energy costs and a handsome return on investment.
We are pleased to be able to offer you a FREE ESOS Scoping Review and Assessment, in order to help you to understand the implications of this new, mandatory legislation, and how much it may cost for your business to satisfy its requirements.
The widely acknowledged skills of our energy consultancy team will ensure that you realise the vast benefits of ESOS, rather than the financial burden!
Within your ESOS review, we will:
- Establish the extent of your estate that is covered by ESOS
- Identify any exempt facilities
- Review the extent of valid information currently available
- Cluster your sites into representative groups which have similar characteristics
- Assess the degree of sample surveying necessary to meet the ESOS obligation
You will, in addition to this, receive a proposal detailing our fees for the delivery of the necessary level of ESOS Assessment; in this way, you are able to understand a clear breakdown of cost impact to your business.
Of course, a LYNXprojects ESOS Assessment delivery by our accredited Assessors will also grant real value to your organisation. Our specialists will identify the most cost effective energy efficiency improvements for your business and produce a business case and report, so that you can understand our conclusions and go on to adopt these fresh, money-saving approaches.
Call Us Today!
Contact us to find out more about our services and what we can do for you!
Call us today on 0845 0030 690.
- Energy Saving Lighting Case Study – Knauf Insulation St Helens Plant
- Fully Funded Solar Pv for Industry
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Energy Performance Contracts
- Energy Performance Standards
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme
- Performance & Audits
- Planning Applications
- Biomass, Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal, Heat Recovery & Ventilation
- Renewable Energy
- Infrared Heating Solutions
- Circuit Level Monitoring Services
- Energy Check Team