LYNXprojects Ltd combines technical expertise and knowledge to deliver unrivalled services and solutions to our customers. Our management and engineering teams are industry subject matter experts, dedicated to promoting the widespread adoption of renewable energy technologies and energy efficiency measures to UK businesses.
LYNXprojects, with our partner manufacturing organisations, provide commercial lighting services and are committed to facilitating the switch from fluorescent and incandescent lighting to LED and or Energy Efficient lighting.
Did you know?
- LED lights are 80% more efficient than fluorescent or incandescent lights!
- This is because 95% of the energy used is transformed into light with only 5% escaping as heat!
- A traditional fluorescent uses 95% its energy as heat and only 5% as light!
- A typical 84w fluorescent light can be replaced with a 36w LED and still achieve the same radiance – less energy consumed = less carbon emissions and cheaper bills!
- There are also no toxic elements to LED lights. When fluorescent and incandescent lights are disposed of after their lifespan, harmful toxins such as mercury leach into the landfill and ultimately to the water board. This is why businesses have to pay for them to be disposed of by a registered waste carrier – another associated cost avoided by switching to LED lighting!
- Further, LED lights don’t waste energy by directing light into unnecessary areas such as ceilings. This means fewer LEDs are required meaning less energy being drawn from the grid. Fewer lights required equals less energy means less CO2 emissions (and cheaper bills!)
- Finally LED lights last up to 6 times longer than traditional lights meaning that fewer resources required in manufacture of them, transportation and packaging!
Still not convinced?
A national fast food chain recently undertook a thorough Energy Audit and one of the strongest recommendations to emerge from this process was to switch their lighting throughout their estate from traditional lighting to LEDs. In a rolling process that lasted over a year, the change has meant that an average restaurant has reduced its daily lighting energy consumption from around 20kWh to around 5kWh.When finally replicated throughout the full 265 restaurant estate, this action alone will see their lighting bills reduced by a whopping 75%, saving 3,975kWh per day or 1,450,875kWh annually. Based on a commercial unit costing around £0.10 per kWh this translates to a potential annual saving for the company of £145,087…
The arguments for changing your lighting really can’t be stronger, can they?
LYNXprojects in conjunction with our expert lighting engineers can design, install and maintain your new energy efficient lighting scheme.
Contact Us Today!
If you are intested in any of our services, or have any questions you wish to ask. Please dont hesitate to contact us today!
Call Us Today!
Contact us to find out more about our services and what we can do for you!
Call us today on 0845 0030 690.
- Energy Saving Lighting Case Study – Knauf Insulation St Helens Plant
- Fully Funded Solar Pv for Industry
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Energy Performance Contracts
- Energy Performance Standards
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme
- Performance & Audits
- Planning Applications
- Biomass, Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal, Heat Recovery & Ventilation
- Renewable Energy
- Infrared Heating Solutions
- Circuit Level Monitoring Services
- Energy Check Team